Esri BeLux is seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Solutions Architect. In this role, you will leverage and apply your strong technical GIS Architect experience, while leading multiple programs with Business and Government customers. The role of GIS Architect will involve a fair amount of customer interface; providing a reassuring approach to the customer desires and demands. The GIS Architect will develop the architectural blueprint documents and analyze requirements from users and managers. At which point, the GIS Architect will translate them into application, functionality, and data requirements that the development staff will use to create the applications. The GIS Architect’s goal is assuring that the technical teams’ design of systems fits into the overarching technical deliverables.
You will be working with a highly talented group of GIS developers and analysts who continue to extend the current Esri suite. As the GIS technical lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will guide them, alongside the GIS Project Manager and the Esri BeLux Program Management team, in all GIS customer efforts.
This position offers a diverse scope of responsibilities in providing GIS architectural leadership and support to developers, while servicing the customers’ needs.
- Designing web based GIS architecture for existing desktop applications and ensures a smooth transition/migration from desktop applications to web-based
- Capturing and preparing requirements/business process analysis, data inventory and assessment, application conceptual design, and assisting the development team with the application physical design
- Create, analyze, and maintain maps, data, and reports; Develop, plan, and implement complex GIS applications software for the system users and operators
- Systems Architecture Design, including Hardware, Software, and Data, specification, acquisition and management
- Utilizing the following software to complete web-programming for application analysis,design, development, testing, integration, and maintenance, installation, configuration, and integration of GIS applications including, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, SQL Server, Oracle, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience designing, developing and implementing web-based GIS applications; in preference with utilizing ESRI tools
- 5+ years’ experience interfacing with customers and addressing their needs competently
- Active Public Trust security clearance OR Ability to obtain one
- Fluent writing in mother tongue (Dutch and/or French) AND practical English.
Send us your motivation by e-mail or by letter (with your curriculum and your photo) at email@example.com or Esri Belux, Nerviërslaan 54, 1780 Wemmel for the attention of Martine Gielens. In your motivation, you can mention your expectations concerning the contents of the job, the company culture and the salary.