Learn fundamental concepts that underlie GIS technology and geographic data.
In this course, you will learn how geography is combined with data to create a GIS. A GIS can help you make predictions and informed decisions. You will learn about different GIS data types, how geographic data is collected and managed, how to create maps and share them, and how to use analysis to answer geographic questions. This course is taught using ArcGIS Online.
Please note that this course is for users of ArcPro. If you are using ArcMap please see our ArcMap courses. This course is equivalent with the ArcMap course: ArcGIS 1: Introduction to GIS.
Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing is required.
- Price for this course in Wemmel: € 660. Price for this course with KMO portefelio can be found on our partner website of SBM.
- Price for this course in Namur: € 660.
- Price for this course in Gent: € 760 (in collaboration with SBM/Escala).
- Duration: 2 days
- Language: This training is organized in Dutch and French. Also possible in English at request.
The following topics are covered:
- Welcome to GIS
- 3D, imagery, and real-time data
- Managing GIS data
- Mapping in a GIS
- Sharing and collaborating in a GIS
- Answering questions using data
- Putting GIS to use.
After following this course you will be able to:
- Identify appropriate data to support a mapping project.
- Create a map, add data to it, and symbolize map features to support the map’s purpose.
- Share data, maps, and other content to an organizational portal.
- Perform spatial analysis to obtain information about map features within an area of interest.
- 02/10/18 – 03/10/18 (NL) in Wemmel
- 25/10/18 – 26/10/18 (FR) in Namur
- 23/10 & 26/10 (NL) in Gent in collaboration with SBM/Escala
Thanks to a partnership with SBM/Escala it is possible to recover up to 40% of the registration fee for the courses in Wemmel and Gent by using a KMO portefolio. Prices for a course with KMO portefelio can be found on our partner website of SBM.